Seminole Homeless Families
Below are the specific opportunities to get involved to help homeless families in Seminole county as a concerned individual, non-profit, agency, or governmental organization. Click on one of these links to email contact. Expect to hear back within 24 hours.
- Adopt a School Pantry: Join in supporting Food Pantries at one of the 44 Seminole County School Pantries to ensure that students have access to food at home.
- Creating a Caring Community Model: Local businesses, nonprofits, churches, civic groups and citizens who are working together to change a community. Learning how this model has been developed, initiated and how it is serving the local school and its families
- Resource Advocate: Become trained as an advocate for homeless children and their families as they work towards self-sufficiency.
- Computer For Kids: Donation of computers
- Donations $$: to Seminole County Public School – Families In Transition: 100% of donated funds go directly to serve the needs of homeless children in Seminole County. Click donatations $$ or call 407-746-8518
- Dividend: Become a volunteer and serve in one of the Seminole Co Public Schools (food pantries, mentoring, classroom assistant, tutoring etc.)
- Faith Based: Join faith leaders initiatives to support homeless children and families
- Furniture Movers: Help FIT and PTH family move into their new housing.
- Mentorship: Get involved as a mentor to serve a homeless child in the FIT Program 985-774-7449
- Non-Profit: Find out how your non-profit can help in this effort or add your local organization to resource directory?
- Pathways Community Collaborative: volunteer your time and talent in a number of ways.
Needed Resources to Help Seminole Families Reach Self-Sufficiency
- Employment: Provide or Identify employment opportunities for these homeless parents
- Affordable Housing: Provide or identify housing at lower or no cost in Seminole Co.
- Child Care: Organization providing slots or $$ for after care or day care for FIT kids.
Transportation: Bus passes, gently used cars or other opportunities.
Any trouble sending your email inquiry to any of the above please click here
Resource Point - Serving You
This guide is intended to connect Seminole County families with resources in Seminole County to help them transition to self-sufficiency. Connect with an organization which can help.
- Christian Help
- Habitat for Humanity of Seminole and Greater Apopka
- Harvest Time International
- Hope Helps
- Northland LifeHope
- Pathways to Home
- Rescue Outreach Mission of Sanford
- SafeHouse of Seminole (Domestic Violence)
- Seminole Co Public Schools – Families in Transition
- St. Luke's Lutheran Church Outreach
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church
- The Sharing Center
For a listing of resources (e.g. Food Pantry, Shelter, Mental Health Services, Transportation, Kids Support Groups, After Care/Child Care, Legal, Emergency Financial Services, Substance Abuse, Employment, Health Care Services, Food, Rent/Utility Assistance, Education, Clothing, Furniture, Disaster Relief, Seniors, Homeless, Shelter) available in Resource Point, search with any of the above mentioned keywords or enter the name of an organization. Then click on the search button below.
Families in Transition Program Partners
(Click on web link to be directed to their site)
- Computers for Kids
- SPORTS 4 KIDS
- Smiles for Hope
- Stand Tall for Hope Mentorship Program
- Casselberry Comunity Task Force
- Pathways to Home
- The Sharing Center
- St Vincent DePaul - Annunciation Catholic Church
Contact SCPS FIT Representative
Beth Davalos @ 407-746-8518
Seminole County Public School (SCPS) Families in Transition (FIT) Program is serving those students who, by definition, "lack a fixed, regular and adequate residence; Eg, residing in motel, shelter, car, tent, inadequate housing, temporarily staying with someone due to economic hardship, migrants and/or an unaccompanied youth
Rights of FIT Student
- Remain in the school of origin with transportation provided
- Free Breakfast and lunch
- Immediate enrollment into school
- Access to a free and appropriate Education
- To learn about additional program services please go to: www.seminolefitkids.org
8th Annual FIT EVENT
Nov 16th 2013
- Free Event for FIT Families ONLY.
- This event provides one-stop-shop for accessing over 50 agencies.
- Must register call 407-746-8518
- Volunteers Welcome! Please visit our website to get involved: http://www.Seminolehomelesskids.org
SEMINOLE RESOURCE LISTING BY CATEGORY OF NEED
- Clothing & Furniture
- After Care/Child Care
- Health Care Services
- Job Readiness Kit
- Mental Health Services
- Rent/Utilities Assistance
- Support Services
PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE:
As a person with individual resources of service or goods, register with Resource Point / TheCommon.org: in the “Seminole County Community”. It’s where ordinary people help others. Register as user to help with the FIT families and their individual needs which they identify.